Sunday 6 November 2011

Bonfire night.

I took the family to a fire work display this evening .And couldn't resist taking a camera along for the ride .But rather than shooting pictures of my children as they look on in awe at the beautiful lights and explosions in the sky.I was also focused on the sky.The weather was good and the atmosphere was great.It was lovely to see so many people coming together to enjoy the same event.Children waving sparklers and glow sticks, Laughing and cheering between each explosion of light.I took with me a Canon EOS 1000D with a 50mm f1.8 prime lens.I decided not to use a tripod.As it was quite busy and didn't want someone not looking where they was going in the dark and sending my equipment flying.So i went free hand and still got some pretty spectacular shots.I used manual mode and shot at an aperture of f10 for 3.2 sec.And for a low noise shot i used ISO 100.












For this shot i used the same EOS 1000D.Same 50mm Prime.This time in Shutter Priority dialed in at 2 seconds,The camera set the Aperture at f11.I kept the same ISO 100.And again shot free hand .In both shots the only post editing that as carried out was a slight noise reduction and a slight boost to contrast.Then i added my water mark.





When we got home we broke out our own sparklers and i shot a few pictures of my wife and kids playing with sparklers.But this time I shot in bulb so i had more control over the time i wanted to expose the sensor to the light .I told them to draw pictures and write their names with the sparklers .My children who are not the best listeners at the best of times was too engrossed in this wonderful sparkling stick of light. And was just going mental jumping around and waving it all over the place .Which was great,The light trails were amazing but the longer the sensor was open and the more visible the image became and the children was blurry as hell .My wife stood dead still and made beautiful patterns with the sparklers and the shots were perfect with no errors or blurriness.I continued to get the better light trails with my wife and just let the kids enjoy themselves.They loved every minute .It was truly beautiful watching my babies having so much fun.Despite shitting my pants at the same time. Knowing the dangers of sparklers.Being a clumsy kid,I burnt myself every fire works night i think.And  i remember burning your self with one BLOODY hurts.So if you are playing with fire works and sparklers,Be careful and remember the firework code .Have fun and be safe .I would love to get your feedback so please leave me a comment below.Thank you .

No comments:

Post a Comment