Monday 7 November 2011

Karate chop to the back of the neck.

After an eventful weekend as an amateur photographer.Been to firework displays with the family.The kids had a fantastic time ( so did the big kids too ) :0) . Was invited along to a martial arts tournament by a friend who wanted me to take a few shots of his mates who was fighting.I get there to discover there is a market for this kind of thing.And some bloke has got this tightly sown up.I instantly clocked the photography corner and like some kind of tractor beam i found my self being sucked over to the camera corner.Maybe that's why he wanted me to come along ...The cheap skate ..lol.. doesn't bother me,I like taking photos.Although wasn't my kind of thing.Not really into close physical contact with other men. nor am i into getting my head kicked in.Being a bloke ,you always think your a bit of a geezer and that you can handle ya self if shit hit the fan.But in all fairness most blokes haven't got 2 minutes good fighting in them.And watching these blokes going at it sometimes for 4 rounds at about 2 minutes a round . Repeatedly kicked and punched in the head in front of a baying crowd,Screaming for their favorite fighter to win makes me sooo thankful i chose photography as a hobby.Its safe to say i don't fancy getting in the ring with them.One other thing i did notice was the official photographer who was selling images of the fights did have a better kit than myself .At that point i did actually wish i did know karate so i could karate chop him in the head and pinch his Canon 1Ds mk3 and 70-200mm f2.8L IS usm.
But as photography is my bag,And i enjoy taking pictures.And  i was thankful for this opportunity to shoot something a little different from the norm.And didn't really care this other bloke with better shit was taking better pictures than me .
Because these fighters was friends with my friend.I gave them my shots for FREE,Posted them to their facebook accounts .Do nice things and nice things will happen to you .(i hope !) Maybe win the lottery so i can buy the nice new Canon 1Dx when it comes out .I don't think i enjoyed this kind of photography as much as my regular style of photography but i enjoyed the opportunity.And it was nice to spend a couple of hours with my friend who i don't see much any more.But if i have learnt one thing about this event.There is money to be made here.When i become a professional photographer.I will be looking into enrolling into a collage course in the new year.Setting the ball rolling towards my new career in this very competitive field we call photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment