Wednesday 14 December 2011

10 Lenses i'd sell a kidney for

Since taking up photography almost a year ago.One thing i have noticed is just how bloody EXPENSIVE photography equipment is.And I'm not messing around either.Iv had some bloody expensive hobbies in the past but photography tops the lot i think.Especially since buying my first L lens.I'm pretty sure its safe to say i have the L bug BIG TIME !.For example Canons 85 mm f/1.2 L mkII usm.Id probably sell my soul to own it.Not being overly religious myself i think that would be a good deal.But not being 100% sure, I still don't like to upset the big guy up stairs,Just in case. So maybe id rather concider selling one of my nuts or a Kidney or something instead.But this lens does crack in at £1760.00 and a regular Joe like myself who works for a living,I just cant justify spending that amount of wedge on a lens for my already overly expensive camera.Well not until im a proffesianal photographer working for natianal geographic anyway.So that in mind,My (When i win the lottery shopping list) is MASSIVE !......
So i thought id compile a list of my 10 Lenses id sell a kidney for.In no particular order here are a few gems id love to have in my kit bag.

1; EF 85 mm f1.2 L II USM
2; EF 100 mm f2.8 L Macro IS USM 
3; EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM
4; EF 135mm f2.0L USM
5; EF 8-15mm f4.0L USM Fisheye Zoom
6; EF 50mm f1.2 L USM
7; EF 17mm TS-E f4 L
8; EF 28-300mm f3.5-f5.6 L IS USM
9; EF 800mm f5.6 L IS USM
10; EF 600mm f4.0 L IS USM












































Surely with this little lot in my Lowepro id be the best photographer on the planet.No doubt if i actually bought this lot id be a single man or a dead man because my wife would fucking kill me.But we can but dream,Hay .
There are other alternatives to some of these lenses,For example the 100 mm macro,Canon do a non L version of the same lens minus the image stabilizer for pretty much half the price of the L.
I did see a Digital rev video comparing the two and the legend Kai Wong did say that there wasn't much in it between the two.So more realistically i will probably end up buying the non L version.
                                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njqTFlMiGLQ

Same goes with the Fisheye lens.The 8-15 mm L version does have zoom from 8-15 mm.But Canon do do a non L, 15 mm fisheye lens again for half the damage of the L version.So again i would probably be saving for this lens at some point for some fantastic fisheye effects with its 180 degree view. 

                                                             http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-O2AH6Ot
                                                                        

                                                              
The70-200 mm f2.8 L IS USM is a £2000 lens but worth every penny of it.It is a lens for a pro. In fact no pro would be with out this lens.I on the other hand have this lens but i have the more cheap f4 version,Which is still AWESOME in its own right .I use this lens as my main walk about lens,usually choosing this lens over my more expensive 24-105 mm L.
The thing with L lenses are they are just so EXPENSIVE.And even searching to buy a second hand one you would only shave a measly couple of hundred pound off of the brand new price.If you was lucky enough to find one any cheaper it would probably be fucked with fungus or scratches all over the front element with a bit of internal dust to boot.
But if you are looking to buy one second hand a good place to check first would be MPB they have a huge range of second hand photography goods. 
Well,I am holding out to win the lottery so i can buy them all.So until that happens ill just keep dreaming shall i .... :0)



















No comments:

Post a Comment