Tuesday 25 October 2011

Autumn is upon us

Its the time of year when the leaves turn golden and fall from the trees.Sunsets are much earlier in the evening with beautiful colours.Where there is a beautiful picture pretty much everywhere you look.Just lately me my wife and children have been going for walks in the evenings.Gets us all outside ,expands the lungs and gives me the perfect opportunity to get the camera out .I'm loving the light from the Autumn evenings.
The only trouble i have,Like iv mentioned before.with in walking distance of my house, Everything that is remotely interesting i have snapped dozens of times over.I am looking for a new project to shoot.So i think on my first day off i get.I will be dragging the family along to the nearest woods for a walk to shoot a few beautiful Autumn forest scape's. I have a few other destinations up my sleeve, local castles will make for a fantastic days shooting as well.And all these trips out make for great family time together.I would welcome any ideas people reading this could offer .Any interesting locations in the south east of England.If you have any ideas please leave a comment below.I am fully open to challenges as well.for example if there is something in the area you like,And think it could be a good picture.Leave me a comment and details and ill see what i can do.Please people Inspire me,Challenge me see what i can do.
Im going to share a few pictures i have been snapping in the last few days.
I captured this yesterday on a walk with the family.I have no idea what the tree or berry is.I don't even know what made me shoot it .I just looked up and took the shot.Thought nothing of it until i viewed the pictures on the computer and this one just spoke to me.I really quite like it .I shot this with a Canon EOS 5D mk2 using a 70-200 mm f4 L usm lens at 104 mm's.The aperture was set at f5 with an ISO of 400 and a shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second.I done a quick noise reduction and slightly sharpened up the image using Windows live photo gallery.
This is an example of the awesome colours the Autumn delivers.Not a particularly great image but the colours are outstanding.And using the 70-200 mm f4 L lens delivered quite pleasing bokeh.Again using a 5D mk2 with 70-200 mm L .Aperture was set at f4 with ISO of 200 the shutter speed was dialed in at 1/800 sec with a focal length of 70 mm.No post processing applied here.

The autumn provides great portrait back drops as well.Here i took this shot of my son.
Using an aperture of f5 delivered a nice creamy bokeh but not too blurred to obscure the fallen leaves.Was shot at 200 mm with an ISO of 400 and a shutter speed of 1/200 sec.Post processing was done using Windows live photo gallery,A quick noise reduction was done and image was sharpened up slightly.Then i done a mono conversion again using windows live photo gallery.If you have any thoughts or ideas for me please leave a comment below.I look forward to hearing from you .So until the next time take care and happy snapping .


No comments:

Post a Comment